Participants need to be over 18.
Background in psychology not required.
The session will be for 3 hours consisting of:
- Understanding suicidal ideation and it’s impact
- Warning signs and risk factors Understanding the efficacy of QPR strategies in suicide prevention
- Develop skills to respond effectively to the signs of suicide and emotional distress
- What is QPR
- Warning signs and clues
- Approaching someone with suicidal ideation
- How to assist someone in seeking help while going through suicidal thoughts
- Understand and discuss suicidality
- Identify signs that someone may have suicidal thoughts
- Develop confidence in approaching and referring people with suicidal ideation